Question for people in the South or Bishops Stortford areas!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoochJD, Jan 25, 2008.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi All,

I just had a quick (genuine) question for those of you who live just outside of London and/or anyone who lives in or near to Bishops Stortford.

Would those of you who fit the description above, tell me some of the positives and negatives about living in these areas, as I may well be moving to take up a new position in the Bishops... area of the UK, and would like some info on what it's like to live there. :) Thanks.

Am particularly interested in cost of living for a single person; quality and frequency of public buses to Bishops Stortford and surrounding areas, and general living conditions.

Cheers people! :clap:

Pooch

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Looked at moving to Bishop's Stortford when we moved a couple of years ago although my slant is probably quite different (commuter)

Good up and coming town - excellent commuter links to London, good rail links to t' country... Don't know your personal circumstances but local schooling is meant to be very good.

Like any town of a reasonable size it has it's worse areas.

Lots of very nice new develoments being built on the outskirts, some "trendy" modern waterside apartments going in. Much of the town is made up of a large estate of 80's ish housing.

Edit - due to rail links to London house prices are reasonably high (as is most of the south!)