Question for owners of Sony LS35 sets

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by simon1, Feb 23, 2002.

1. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Aquired the remote control (RM932) supplied with the LS35. The RM933 supplied with DX40 is very similar. This is for use with my FX65, SLVE810 & DAV 500. These remotes are soooooo elegant.

Not having the original user manual for LS35, wondered if owners could post details of the vcr & dvd functions available on this remote. I gather it is programmble, and so I was specifically wondering if the vol keys could be configured to alter the vol on the DAV 500, rather than the tv. Perhaps there are alternative Sony codes - what are these, how are they programmed?

I can see how to perform obvious functions: 'play', 'stop', 'rew', etc. Is there any less obvious functions described for dvd + vcr remote operation in the manual?

Cheers everyone

2. simbloke

simbloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a KV28LS35 and yes the remote (932 i think it was) is nice but it's not too useful as a universal remote.

You can easily program the type of DVD player you have but that's all. It can't be customised, you can't change what any of the buttons do.

For example, with my Pioneer DVD player I could turn it on/off, press play, pause, stop, ff, rew. But, I could not change chapters or access the menu or navigate the menus in any way. Not really a lot of use.

Even its use with the Sony VCR was limited. You could not, for example, program it with this remote or access any of the menus.

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks simbloke.

Anyone got any alternative Sony dvd codes and how to enter these?