Question for Munkey Boy re ms goal post thread

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by dongratius, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dongratius

dongratius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I appreciate you have a difficult job policing these threads, but I feel the closure of the thread is a little hasty to say the least.

You make a valid point about gaining evidence, and you are correct it probably is unlikely that Microsoft have deliberately modified the firmware only to produce the RROD for a reduced number of system errors.

My point was that I hear more people complaining of this issue than before...a system error with no RROD. It may be that MS's firmware updates may have inadvertently caused this problem to increase and may not be a deliberate ploy to get out of honoring warranties. Either way if this is an issue then owners and Microsoft deserve to be aware.

And the evidence? Well i can think of no better place than to question users about their opinions on what could be a very useful and open forum, can you?

Thanks.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,185
    if there was a problem with the firware updates that are automatically download don't you think that this would affect every xbox360 as they all download the same file. To suggest that an update that everyone receives is the reason for some xboxes to fail is absurd, which is probably why that thread was closed/deleted

3. dongratius

dongratius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response but I don't think you've got the gist of the thread. Try reading it again and also the original thread.

4. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Perhaps the PM function would be best suited for this.

Munkey has decided to close the thread in question, so I'll close this one and leave it up to you to seek clarification...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.