1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for MD-NW5 owners

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by junglebass, Jul 13, 2005.

1. junglebass

junglebass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AHHH I MEAN NW-HD5

i want to get a black one but few things are holding me back.....

any1 tryed to upgrade the HD to say 60gb yet?

is it one PC locked? any way around this?
    i read somewhere that can transfer files on the HD and then use sonicstage to make these files playable.... will this work?
    anyway to transfer songs off player to PC?

is it usable with an oooold celeron /w 64mb ram?
    what will happen when i get a different PC?

thanks

2. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I think the HD5 will work on multiple computers. What I mean by that is, you can use SS to upload tracks from any number of machines.

Obviously you can't move them back off again if they came from a different machine. Even if they are unprotected MP3s.

If you want, you could carry MP3s around as data, copy them to another machine, and then copy them back again with SS. But I can't think why anyone would really want to do this.

Your PC might be okay, as long as it runs XP or 2000 I'd venture its up to the job. Your main problem will be lack of USB2 connector, and you really do need that for fast transfers.

I hope thats of some help. Its a really great player, buying one is a good move.

3. junglebass

junglebass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it might be a great player, but wow what POS SW
    i cant even install it.......
    i get following messages `cannot install with this windows language` OS is japanese w2000 /w sp4...... iv tried to DL all kinds of english versions of ss3.1 and all same messages.... never tried japanese version cus cant read kanji so no point....
    also thought to not use SS so installed VAIO music transfer but get folloing message when trying to open it `an error occured while initializing, please reinstall VAIO music transfer` and iv reinstalled it about 5 times, same.....

so I wanted to go and buy the player today but now really thinking of something else.... miss my muvo soo much, no music for two weeks and im soo sad :rolleyes: