1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for marantz 4300 owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jamin6721, Sep 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jamin6721

jamin6721

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I bought myself a marantz 4300 yesterday and im must say im very happy with it so far :)

I have one quick question though:

I have no sub therefore the sub setting is turned off, will the LFE channel then be redirected to my front speakers when its avaliable

Many thanks

Jamin

Ps: one other thing i just remembered:

I haven't yet got a coax digital connection lead for my dvd player, so last night just to test it i connected it to the amp using one cable of an ordinary phono to phono analogue interconnector. this worked whilst playing a dvd allowing me to listen in dolby digital, however the sound cut out completely every 5 mins or so for about a second.

would this be the result of me being impatient using that cable b4 i bought the correct type, or is this a problem that people are having with the 4300??

many thanks again

2. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If the fronts are set to "large" then yes. Also make sure you can set the rears to "large" with the sub setting turned off.

3. jamin6721

jamin6721

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks paulus, hmmm I cant set the back speakers to large with th sub setting off ( dont have one ) only small or none as others have reported.

I only have small surround speakers at the moment though, so its ok set to small i guess.

I bought the unit from richer sounds with the 3 year super care. Do you think its work going in to say about the rear speaker problem, from what ive read on here from others they just suggest you upgrade to the SR5300 for another £50, or would i be with in my rights to tell them to send it off to marantz to be "modified" / fixed ?

... has anyone had any success doing that?

thanks again

Jamin

4. paulus

paulus
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You would be perfectly within your rights sending it back for repair although I really doubt whether Marantz can fix it because its becoming clear now that its not just some SR4300's which have this bug but ALL of them.

As for keeping the rears set to small, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you got less bass out of them when set to small.