1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for LG RE44SZ21RD owners

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by exc!aim, Jun 25, 2004.

1. exc!aim

exc!aim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've been reading opinions an comments about the LG RE44SZ21RD 44" DLP rear projection TV on these forums and went to have a look at Comet and Currys and felt the picture was very good although a bit dark. The thing that concerns me though is that I found the screen very reflective even though one of the stores had the TV in a dark area.

I just wanted to know if owners have a problem with reflection as I found it quite distracting when viewing the screen?

Many thanks.

2. Jonathan James

Jonathan James
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The glass cover on the front of this unit is tinted in an attempt to keep the reflections down. If you have a bright room this may not be the unit for you, unless your prepared to darken the room.

The shops have the settings and adjustments all over the place. When I chose mine I did so knowing that I could do something positive with the set up.

It's at its best in the dark but day time reflections are a minor inconvenience. Candles and lights might need redirecting or moving altogether.

It's still very good. I was watching the WRC on Eurosport in bright sunlight. I could see myself in the reflection but after a while I didn't notice.

JJ :)