1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Jimsan

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ricardomourinho, May 28, 2005.

1. ricardomourinho

ricardomourinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just bought the philips 9000 dvp player and, although the quality of picture is amazing, watching dvd via dvi (1080i) as a small problem that is when I watch DVD's through the DVI input the screen ratio choices have been limited/disabled. The only choices you are left with are 4:3 or widescreen. So, i must aks if you/ anyone knows of a way to re-enable the many ratio options that are available on all the other inputs?
    P.S.. Do you prefer 576p prog scan or 1080i dvi?
    Thanks

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Any input via the DVI (Component) restricts you to 4:3 and widescreen.

I did a comparison between the higher resolutions and 576p and, although the picture was slightly crisper, the difference wasn't too marked. I therefore decided to just run a 576p Denon DVD over Progressive in the meantime and wait for full HD-DVD players and media to become more widely available.

All inputs to the 9986 have restricted aspect ratios available, but remember that you may be able to change the output ratio on the player itself. I'm not familiar with the 9000dvp so I'm not sure about the facilities available on it.

Jimmy

3. ricardomourinho

ricardomourinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your answer.
    Regarding the dvp 9000 ability to output "other" ratios, every stay's the same, i.e, watching movies with black bars in top an bottom.
    Any suggestions?