Question for GRAW (those who have it)

royster said:
I have noticed the crosscom cut off on some edges too on my pv500 as well. I never noticed any overscan issues until I saw this game. Anyone know if this can be adjusted on the pv500?

No one has found a way unfortunately :(

as long as I'm not missinh anything important I'm sure I'll adjust!

royster said:
I have noticed the crosscom cut off on some edges too on my pv500 as well. I never noticed any overscan issues until I saw this game. Anyone know if this can be adjusted on the pv500?

You can adjust the screen position if you use the VGA cable - just makes it look crap on a PV500 unfortunately :(

Sting King said:
Mines like that on a Samsung 32" LCD, gunna give Samsung a call.

I just got the game today and have a Samsung LE32R41BDX and the picture on mine is absolutely flawless! :thumbsup: No hint of overscan whatsoever. I have my Xbox connected via VGA and usin the tv's native resolution, maybe if you have a component connection it may not be the same

Same thing on my Samsung LE26R41BD. It's not that bad and it doesent really bother me but i am pritty sure that G.R.A.W is the only game i get it with. Ow and i am connected via Component at 720p.

dsc002582xh.jpg

Megaman2005 said:
Same thing on my Samsung LE26R41BD. It's not that bad and it doesent really bother me but i am pritty sure that G.R.A.W is the only game i get it with. Ow and i am connected via Component at 720p.

dsc002582xh.jpg

i thought the same until i started messing about with my tvs settings and realised that my 360 was overscanning on the dashboard too.
fortunately i can adjust screen to fix it

is1111 said:
i thought the same until i started messing about with my tvs settings and realised that my 360 was overscanning on the dashboard too.
fortunately i can adjust screen to fix it

Well like i say personally it doesent bother me. If i was missing alot more of the picture then i would probably try to fix it, but for the bit there is i dont think i will ever really notice it.

Dr HTPC said:
Looks like you need to access the service menu on your LG and reduce horizontal and vertical size until the display shows no overscan.

You may need to google search or look on the lcd section of this forum to find out how to access the service menu.

Hope you sort it out!

Thanks man did do, looks far better now...

Megaman2005 said:

dsc002582xh.jpg

Yeah the overscan is noticable on GRAW, but believe you me, you are getting overscan on everything... inlcuding the dashboard (as mnetioned by someone else) - i didn't notice it either until GRAW came round.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this issue, i did fix it via some adjusting on the service menu.

May be a bit of a silly question but i will ask it aneyway. If i am getting overscan on the 360 does that mean i will get the same small overscan on my Samsung HD850 dvd player connected via HDMI at 720P?

Megaman2005 said:
May be a bit of a silly question but i will ask it aneyway. If i am getting overscan on the 360 does that mean i will get the same small overscan on my Samsung HD850 dvd player connected via HDMI at 720P?

To be honest i'm not sure its the tv or the xbox 360... best way to find out is use the horizontal and vertical postioning to move the picture about... if you see things come onto screen you didn't see before, then you got some overscan.

Megaman2005 said:

dsc002582xh.jpg

Same as my Samsung LE26R41BD using a MS original component cable and set to 720p. Just ordered a MS VGA cable so will be good to compare when I get it.

LE26R41BD%20(Medium).jpg

o be honest i'm not sure its the tv or the xbox 360... best way to find out is use the horizontal and vertical postioning to move the picture about... if you see things come onto screen you didn't see before, then you got some overscan.

Ok thanks for the help. Problem is i dont think you can ajust the horizontal and vertical postioning on the samsung via component or Hdmi. The only time i was able to do that was with my pc on VGA. Aneyway thx for the help i will have a look around.

Same as my Samsung LE26R41BD using a MS original component cable and set to 720p. Just ordered a MS VGA cable so will be good to compare when I get it.

Yep thats the same thing alright. Let me know how you get on with the VGA cable wont you:thumbsup:.

Not sure if this is a silly question (and I can't find it being mentioned) but.. Can you switch the crosscom off, as in, so it doesn't display the line ???

Cheers

Gaz

GazH said:
Not sure if this is a silly question (and I can't find it being mentioned) but.. Can you switch the crosscom off, as in, so it doesn't display the line ???

Cheers

Gaz

No.

can someone help here, i ve just jumped out of chopper after takin out artillery positions on hill, now ive to make my way up stairs on this solo mission with my sniper rifle still equip. . can anyone give me tips for this mission?

akane_1984 said:
can someone help here, i ve just jumped out of chopper after takin out artillery positions on hill, now ive to make my way up stairs on this solo mission with my sniper rifle still equip. . can anyone give me tips for this mission?

Found that quite hard actually. Do u mean the bit where the truck with soldiers appears?

Matt

didn't want to start another GRAW thread so can anyone advise exactly how you get the Co-op online achievements.
which game mode do you need to choose and does it matter which map?

Theres 4 achievements one for each mission map. Select Mission then one of the four maps.

is1111 said:
didn't want to start another GRAW thread so can anyone advise exactly how you get the Co-op online achievements.
which game mode do you need to choose and does it matter which map?

I was on one Coop mission with you last night. That was one of the four with unlockable acheivements.

D J C 197 said:
I was on one Coop mission with you last night. That was one of the four with unlockable acheivements.
must have been the one i died on :rotfl:

i did complete what i thought was one of the co-op missions earlier with some others and didn't get an achievement but i think it was a custom game with respawns on. i didn't have to respawn but I assume you don't get the achievement if it is a custom game with respawns.

will try again tonight. cheers

is1111 said:
must have been the one i died on :rotfl:

i did complete what i thought was one of the co-op missions earlier with some others and didn't get an achievement but i think it was a custom game with respawns on. i didn't have to respawn but I assume you don't get the achievement if it is a custom game with respawns.

will try again tonight. cheers

That is correct. You won't get the acheivments with respawns turned on.But you will get it if respaws are off and you die but the others finish the level :hiya:

phunt said:
That is correct. You won't get the acheivments with respawns turned on.But you will get it if respaws are off and you die but the others finish the level :hiya:

cheers that clears that up. will play tonight until i get them all! :D
anyone that is on and can keep me right please send me an invite.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom