1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Gordon!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paulherb, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Gordon,
    Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you could maybe help me. I know that you have if you have not seen the picture on my Seleco SVP 400 then you have propably had the 500 or 800 in your shop.

My question is as an upgrade option. Does the DLP HT300(you recently reviewed) have a sharper & brighter picture than my CRT.
    My CRT is a 480p only pj nd I know the HT300 supports 720p.

Any help would be most welcome!

Cheers

Paulh.

2. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Paul,

If you want to do a head to head with the HT300 v SVD420/500/800 try to get to Owl video systems in Uckfield.

On tuesday ( If HT300 arrives) I can do a head to head with a Sony D50 CRT. From memory I think the HT300 should be brighter and probably better resolution than the SVD400. Ultimatly the CRT route is still the best for overall picture quality and black levels. But DLP has just taken a leap forward with the latest HD1 chips and the elimination of the rainbow effect in the HT200DM, etc.

Hope it helps.

3. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Sharky!

Thanks for the advice. If you can do the head to head with the Sony that would be great.

Cheers

Paulh.