1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Gordon!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paulherb, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Gordon,
    Thought I'd ask you as I know you have seen a lot of LCD/DLP/CRT projectors side by side.

Will a LT150 give 1. A sharper picture than my Seleco SVP400?
    2 A brighter image?
    and also i'm using a 7 ft screen with my CRT. Will a 7 foot screen with the LT show too much Chicken Wire?

Any help would be most welcome!

Cheers

Paulh.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    I think you may be asking the wrong person here.

I have never seen a NECLT150. I have seen Seleco400's

I would expect that the NEC will look sharper than the CRT. Of course whether it would give a more pleasing image is another thing altogether. I beleive it's a 4 segment colour wheel chappy. If so I couldn't watch it as I see the dreaded rainbows...so check that you don't suffer from this.

If you have a crt already you may want to consider looking at a better one than the 400 before giving up on them completely. At SS we never sold 400's. Our minimum standard soon became the 500.....

Nec will probably be brighter looking but more washed out with the lower contrast range than the crt.

Visibility of chicken wire has do do with relative seating distance to screen more than size of screen itself. Richard Ansell did a chart about this a while ago. Not sure if it was on this forum. Do a search for posts by RichardA.

Good Luck,

Gordon

3. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers Gordon!

Paulh.