Question for Denon 3802 owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by plb, Feb 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. plb

plb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using my 3802 for about two months now and I am very pleased with it but !!
    I have only just started listening to the radio and I have noticed a very intermittent problem.
    On certain radio stations I notice that the red Stereo indicator somtimes flashes on and off.
    I live in Coventry and seem to notice it more on our two local radio stations Mercia FM and Kix 96 FM when they are playing bass heavy dance type music.
    I am using an external aerial and the signal is very good.
    I assume the obvious thing to say is that I have a fault but why should it only show up on certain radio stations??
    Should I get it changed.
    If so I brought it from Hi-Fi Junkies so should I expect any problems getting them to replace it?
    Paul

2. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Would have thought it was more likely an intermitant reception problem or transmission problem.

I get similar on my car radio sometimes.

Signal 'sounds' ok but the stereo indicator blinks on an off at high speeds.

3. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well we know this happens with weak signals.... but as this is happening with your most local stations, it could be a bit of overload on your front end....... although AGC should by rights control any overpowering signal there.....

Try these stations with a length of wire indoors as an aerial and see what happens.

Regards JOHN (in BALSALL COMMON)

4. plb

plb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John, I see you live in Balsall Common so I assume you can receive Mercia FM and Kix 96 loud and clear?
    Do you have the Denon 3802?
    Can you confirm that you do not get the red Stereo indicator intermittently flashing on and off when listening to these stations, manly Mercia FM?
    By the way I have tried these stations with a length of wire and I get the same problem.
    I have contacted my dealer and thankfully he has agreed to send me a replacement receiver to try but I will have to wait for stock to arrive!
    Paul

5. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Paul
    I dont have the Denon 3802 but its next on my buying list.
    Ive just bought the Mission Cinema 7 pack speakers they are connected to my 4 year old 33 inch Toshiba Sound surround TV which my wife and I are enjoying very much......

Greetings from Balsall Common JOHN

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Tilehill in Cov and have a 3802.

I will try KIX and Mercia, but may not be able to try for a day or 2.

What area of Cov do you live in?

Gary

7. plb

plb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in Tilehill in Cov and have a 3802.

I will try KIX and Mercia, but may not be able to try for a day or 2.

What area of Cov do you live in?

Gary

Hi Gary, I live in Walsgrave.
    Bear in mind this problem is very intermittent and you will have to watch very carefully for some time to see the problem.
    Mercia definitely shows this problem more often.
    Paul