• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question for B&W Ipod Zeppelin owners

humfer

Standard Member
Have been eyeing one of these up for a while and finally saw one in John Lewis at the weekend, and blimey what a fantastic looking/sounding piece of kit. Made my mind up I'm going to get one when I go back to JL next weekend.

Just a quick question really to any Zeppelin owners - what quality have you ripped all your music on your ipod and does it make a bit difference when played back through the zeppelin. Need to check my itunes setting but pretty sure I have only used the 128 apple settings and not either the 192 or 320 setings. Starting to wonder whether re-ripping all my cd's at a higher bitrate might be worthwhile?

humfer

Standard Member
anyone? picking mine up from john lewis on saturday and just wondering whether I have one long re-ripping session ahead of me!....

daveb975

Distinguished Member
I don't know for sure, but I would go higher than 128. I struggle to tell the difference between 192 & 320 bitrates when listening to my ipod through earphones, but the difference is massive through a proper stereo.

I find 128 bitrate files quite poor even through earphones, though.

humfer

Standard Member
Well picked my Zeppelin up from JL yesterday and I am well impressed. All sounds very good. Will probably try ripping a cd at the 128 apple format plus a normal 192 and 320 just to see the difference, but in no real rush

Just a quick question though. Both times I have plugged in the zeppelin (don't like leaving things on standby) it goes straight to the blue light. I then plug my ipod in and it does nothing. Have to unplug and plus in again for it to go to the red standby mode. Am I doing something wrong here?

mine does exactly the same thing and it annoys the hell out of me thought mine was knackered so i also would like to know why it does this :lease:

humfer

Standard Member
mine does exactly the same thing and it annoys the hell out of me thought mine was knackered so i also would like to know why it does this :lease:

Well at least its not just me then! Am going to give B&W a call tomorrow to see what they say. Not the biggest problem in the world, but it is a bit of a nuisance turning on/off and then on again every time

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom