Question for anyone with legal knowledge

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kristianity77, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kristianity77

kristianity77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +489
    After a bit of advice on what to do next regarding an issue my other half is having with her old employer.

Basically, she (and all others) in a company were made redundant as the company was downsizing and relocating to another part of the country.

Yesterday was supposedly "payday" and redundancy payments for all involved and what has happened is they have all gotten a VERY short and sweet email saying nothing more than "Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be paying any monies owed". Thats it, nothing more.

It transpires that the company is now in the process of adminstration, and everyone is in the dark as to what happens next.

I'm not sure what to tell her either. Last time I got made redundant due to a company shutdown which was a fair few years ago, I'm almost sure my redundancy and notice payments were sorted via something to do with the Government. It was so long ago I might be wrong. Would that not be the issue here? What normally happens in this situation?

Also, the company in question is still open and trading and has employees working in the other location. How can this be right yet still refuse point blank to not pay past employees?

Anyone with any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,360
  3. Monty Nine

Monty Nine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: