1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for anyone with a Denon3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ash007, Sep 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Ash007

Ash007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the Denon 3805 display the volume of the Amp on your tv screen ie if I am passing the DVD picture through the amp, if I am watching a DVD and adjust the amp volume will the vol be displayed as well as the DVD picture on the screen.
    I have a Denon 3802 and it does not display the volume, and I wish it did.

2. mugsy

mugsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    It can indeed - yes. I think the only problem will be if you are using the component video switching in the amp and are sending a progressive signal from the DVD player - I believe there is no OSD with a progressive signal.

3. Ash007

Ash007
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if i have both my Sky+ (which I belive is interlaced) and a DVD (progresive signal) both going into the Denon3805 would this cause a problem, or would the amp just output to the monitor component out, whatever signal is input(interlaced or progresive). If so, then won't the TV will be recieving interlaced when the amp is on TV/DBS and progresive when switched to DVD. Is this then not a problem for the TV?

4. HappyLad

HappyLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky+ = interlaced SVid
    DVD = progressive component

Assuming that your display is connected to the Denon using component cables.
    When Sky+ is selected on the Denon you will have interlaced component output.
    When DVD is selected on the Denon you will have progressive component output.

The denon won't deinterlace the signal and upconvert so that you have a progressive component signal when watching Sky+.

How your display device handles progressive/interlaced signals may be a problem.
    I run the component output from the Denon to a projector and have no problems swapping between interlaced and progressive component signals (apart from the OSD not being available on progressive source material as detailed above).
    I guess you might just have to try it and see if the display will recognise the 2 signals without you having to change any settings.