• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question for anyone who pre-ordered an iPad from Apple

stevemc81

Established Member
I've just ordered myself the new iPhone for delivery on 24th and I was wondering what happened to anyone who did the same for their iPad.

If it arrived early, did you know in advance you were going to be getting it early? i.e did the online tracker advise you of that?

Trying to decide whether it's worth booking a holiday now for the 24th so i'm in for the delivery or if i should wait until nearer the time in case they're shipping out the day before.

Slinkery

Standard Member
Yes keep an eye on the tracking website I could see mine on the move 2 days before the release date and new by where it was it would arrive before. It arrived first thing in the morning which was an added bonus! :D

RuddyRoad

Prominent Member
Yeah I got mine a day early. If you are bored, you can read all about the day's developments live as it happened here
(there are 29 pages of posts to work through though!!) :smashin:

fred251

Established Member
depend were you are in uk, north of scotland was pretty bad like 2 to 4 days late.Very anoying when the shop ave stock.
Got a email to say sorry from apple but thats about it.

linkster

Established Member
Sorry to hijack but I placed an order on Saturday night but haven't received a confirmation email which I thought the final transaction page said I was supposed to - I can see via the online store it's been registered, does the mail only come when the order has reached a certain point?

rehmanmohamed

Prominent Member
Sorry to hijack but I placed an order on Saturday night but haven't received a confirmation email which I thought the final transaction page said I was supposed to - I can see via the online store it's been registered, does the mail only come when the order has reached a certain point?

I placed an order today - got the e-mail through half an hour later, stating that the order was "Being Processed‏"

phil.gas

Standard Member
I ordered an i pad last night online. The delivery said 7 to 10 working days. I think i can just about wait that long. 30 minutes later the confirmation email came through and to my disapointment the shipping date says 12th July.

(We estimate your order to be shipped 12 Jul, 2010.
We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address
on or before 14 Jul, 2010.)

Idioteque

Established Member
I ordered an i pad last night online. The delivery said 7 to 10 working days. I think i can just about wait that long. 30 minutes later the confirmation email came through and to my disapointment the shipping date says 12th July.

(We estimate your order to be shipped 12 Jul, 2010.
We estimate your order will be delivered to your shipping address
on or before 14 Jul, 2010.)

I ordered a 16gb wifi on the 23rd June. My estimated shipping date is 7th July and delivered by 9th. Such a long wait!

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
I did initially pre order, but I missed the launch day delivery so I cancelled (because I'm a bloke & I wanted it ASAP!) and thought I'd try my luck on launch day.

As it was I couldn't get away from work, but SWMBO was off and agreed to go check out the situation for me.

She strolled in to the Apple store in Kingston, waited about 10 minutes and then walked out with a 64 gig 3G iPad, a case and the extra length charger-she did have to pay for them 1st by the way! :D

rooster68

Established Member
I ordered a 16gb wifi on the 23rd June. My estimated shipping date is 7th July and delivered by 9th. Such a long wait!

Hi I got my 32gig I pad on Monday morning was very quick delivery in the end thought I had to, wait weeks after the date they gave me to start with .
Was delivered Here in 5 days . U going love it. Watched avatar in HD on it last night fantastic pic
:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom