Question for a PE50 owner

R

rex8

Hi if anyone out there has a PE50 I wonder if you could do me a favour.
I want to site a small centre speaker below the screen on my AV stand (B&W M1) but I don't want it to obscure the picture on the TV.
If anyone out there has the 42" or 37" PE50 on a pedestal stand could you tell me the distance between the bottom of the stand and the bottom of the viewable screen. Hope that makes sense
Cheers Bob :confused:

R

rex8

Bump Anyone?
Basicly can I site a 6" high centre speaker at the base of the set witout it getting in the way of the bottom of the picture :lease:

MarkB4506

Well, I've literally just got one of these. I've assembled the pedestal stand and the distance from ground to the top of the stand is 4 and 3/8 inches.

You've then got the TV speakers between that point and the viewable screen. I've not unpacked the screen yet to measure the exact distance however. I'll let you know when I do, but from memory you'll have enough room.

StinkyPete

Hi,

I've set up my 42PE50 last thursday and I had to put a centre speaker on the stand.

The problem you have is not really the height of the speaker, as most speakers will fit, Mine are KEF Eggs, the problem is the shape of the stand, you only have a thin flat space then the stand slopes down.

My speaker has a ball joint and sits on the slope, the stand is also quite deep (40cm) so when it sits on the surface of your unit you dont have much room.

StinkyPete

I will measure the exact height when I get in, how big are your speakers and are they on a ball joint

MarkB4506

I've just measured the screen, you've got 3" of speaker and 2" of bezel above the stand so height won't be a problem.

As SP says, width may be an issue for you.

Dekim

Slightly off topic but what are your impressions of the PE50? I read clour banding is a problem on certain Sky channels ie on Lost?

Am about to take the plunge and trying not to make an expensive mistake as £1600 is a hell of a lot of money to me!

Cheers

Deks

StinkyPete

Dekim said:
Slightly off topic but what are your impressions of the PE50? I read clour banding is a problem on certain Sky channels ie on Lost?

Am about to take the plunge and trying not to make an expensive mistake as £1600 is a hell of a lot of money to me!

Cheers

Deks
Once you change the settings, reduce the contrast, brightness and colour etc, you will only notice it in the first couple of days (if you look for it) I didnt see until my ultra observant wife stood at the TV pointing it out. I have had mine a week and I dont see it at all even when I look for it.

Are you getting the cabinet as well for your £1600, as got mine for 1350 with ped from JL.

[email protected]

Standard Member
Dekim said:

Cheers

Deks
Had mine a week now and I only notice that sort of thing when the quality of the source is poor, like most Sky channels...... :mad: I also saw them on the old Sony Wega 32" but not as much, I think the Plasma is not as forgiving as the CRT.

Got mine with stand and DVD recorder for £1114 from letsgodigital a good online store.

Dekim

Thanks for the replies Stinky and [email protected]

£1600 is the online price at Comet (with cabinet stand). I'm a little worried about getting one with dead/stuck pixels. I'll check out letsgodigitals price and also wonder if I have a JL near me to see what their price is.

Am getting all excited now!

Cheers

Deks

Top Bottom