1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for 32" TAU owners

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Zacabeb, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a Quintrix F inside my TV (a Philips) and it has problems with color purity. The picture is yellowish in the bottom right half and the corners are a bit dark.

It seem to vary depending with the temperature of the shadow mask. If I watch 4:3 material for a while, when I switch to 16:9, I get the impression it's worse. If I watch 16:9 material for a while, the color purity seems to get better, but not good. Before getting this set I had another Philips, which had a Philips Cybertube and had no problems whatsoever with color purity, so I don't think it's a problem with external magnetic fields.

It might be related to the higher dot pitch of the Quintrix F over the Cybertube (0.66mm vs. 0.7mm) making the shadow mask softer. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this though, does anyone with a TAU recognize this problem?

2. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw the problem on a 32PF10 and again on a 32PK20 - have no problems with my 32PG50

3. rogerw

rogerw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a PK3, had it two weeks now, perfect picture, never knew they put these tubes in Philips sets.