1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question concerning philips tv's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jigglynuts, Jan 19, 2004.

1. jigglynuts

jigglynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always been impressed with the philips 28PW6332 picture it produces(a friend of mine owns one)...I have a philips 24PW6006 model myself but the picture just doesn't look as good(especially for dvd watching)....I've seen that the new(ish)28PW6517 philips tv has the same tube(Flat Black Line S)as the 28PW6332 so does that mean the tv will have the exact same quality pic(or better)than the older 28PW6332 model?

I was tempted to get a 28PW6332 myself as i like the picture so much but they are hard to find nowadays...I don't want the 28PW6517 to end up like the 24PW6006 i got(slightly murky picture etc)...Or do you reckon it's worth going for a panasonic model instead? Judging by the posts i've read here they can suffer from a line? down the middle....not exactly re-assuring that.
    I'm on a tight budget here so about £370 is the highest i want to go.

Cheers
    Paul.

2. sorbiegunner

sorbiegunner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just bought the 28pw6517 and am very pleased with the picture (£344 inc shipping) The documentation is the only let down I still don't know what smart text is or how to work it. Overall though I would have no problem reccomending this tele.