1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Gary D, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Whats the name of the cartoon where Bugs is drawing daffy in alsorts of different situations?

thanks

Gary

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Gary,

The animated-short you are referring to, was 1953's "Duck Amuck!".

It took the concept of an animator abusing his creation. Daffy Duck is terrorised by a mad animator, (possibly Chuck Jones or Mel Blanc themselves), who leaves Daffy without scenery; incorrect scenery; erasing him; messing about with the sound; being drawn as a thing, and dropping the ceiling on him.

As the short ends, we find Bugs is the animator!

I'd highly recommend a great hardback book called "The Encyclopedia Of Animated Cartoons" (Second Edition) by Jeff Lenburg. It'll cost you about £25, but it's a brilliant book listing many of the most famous animations, both films, shorts and serials, from the 1900's to the late 1990's. The book is mainly black and white, but it does have some colour illustrations too. (The front cover includes The Simpsons, Rocky And Bullwinkle, Quick Draw McGraw (and friends), Alvin And The Chipmunks, and Dexter's Laboratory.)

The ISBN number, should you want it, is: 0-8160-3831-7, and it's published by Facts On File, Inc. It's a US import, but should be available from most decent import bookstores, like Waterstones, Ottakers or Borders!:)

Pooch
    (Knowledgeable, as always! :D )

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Pooch, i bow to your cartoon wisdom - yet again you prove to be peerless in the world of trival information. :D :smashin:

just as a side note do you have any "weak" areas? Maybe your not so hot on French politics btw 1500 and say 1760? or the nocturnal habit of otters?

so which swallow is fastest then: african or European?

Gary

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Gary,

Glad to be of service! :) (And since when was TV information ever "trivial", eh?! ;) You were the one asking the question! :rotfl: )

When it comes to films and TV stuff, I tend to be able to know most things, or at least have books in my own collection that will lead me to the right information. And, if I can help others, then I'm happy to do that. :)

As for your other questions:
    1) I know buggery about world politics, except for the fact that the British government is :censored:; Tony Blair is a lying, two-faced SOB; and George "Dubya" Bush, needs a brain implant. :rotfl:

2) And with regards to the "Fastest Swallow" / Monty Python in-joke (nice touch, Mr D! :D ), check here!

Pooch

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i'm not worthy

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

gary