Question about the recent warranty extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

nheather

Distinguished Member
My son's XBox 360 has just died with 3 red lights (PSU light is green).

I'm aware that the warranty has recently been extended to 3 years.

It is 14 months old so I guess this means that I can't take it back to GAME but need to sort it out through Microsoft - is this correct?

Actually never expected it to happen to me as the box has loads of ventilation and is pretty lightly used - just shows how rubbish the design is.

Cheers,

Nigel

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Yes you have a 3 year warranty for the Red Lights of Death...you'll have to contact Microsoft and they will arrange for a courier to collect it from you.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Thanks,

I'll have a go with GAME tomorrow with the Sales of Goods stuff recommended on this site.

See how it goes - may be lucky.

Failing that, any idea how long Microsoft take to turn round the repairs?

My son is really cheesed off because Bioshock arrived this morning:eek:

I guess the bad points about getting a replacement from MS is the time and we may get a scruffy console to replace our minty one.

I guess the good point is that it is more like to have the modified heatsink fitted than one from GAME.

Thanks,

Nigel

lovelldr

My son is really cheesed off because Bioshock arrived this morning:eek:
Just wondering how old your son is? As the game is actually rated as an 18, and by the sound of it, your son is under 18... No wonder the BBFC and all other groups worry about games getting into minors hands when parents let their kids play it.

BTW, sorry if your son is over 18, but by the sounds of it, he's not !!!

Moogle

Novice Member
Just wondering how old your son is? As the game is actually rated as an 18, and by the sound of it, your son is under 18... No wonder the BBFC and all other groups worry about games getting into minors hands when parents let their kids play it.

BTW, sorry if your son is over 18, but by the sounds of it, he's not !!!
I had the same thought but as it's not really my place to comment or criticize regards that I chose not to.

nheather

Distinguished Member
You're right - he is 13, so shouldn't have the game by rights.

I'm fairly liberal but there are lines that I will draw.

I must admit that I don't agree with many Game ratings.

We've played the demo of BioShock and watched the cut scenes at the end and I must admit I didn't see anything that would even warrant a 15 in my opinion.

Gears of War is also an 18 but can't understand why (some swearing maybe) but to be honest I thought that the Lord of the Rings films were more violent, graphic and gruesome.

Also they manage to get most nasty horror films out as 15 these days and they are way worse than games like GOW.

So yes, I would let my son play GOW (18) but I wouldn't let him watch slasher movies (15).

Can anyone let me know what makes BioShock an 18? If its bad then I won't let him play it.

Also - anyone have any idea how long MS take to return a console (from reporting to having a fixed one back in your hands).?

Thanks,

Nigel

yinujim

I think Bioshock and Gears of War can be played by kids, its nothing like GTA or Manhunt.

I think Bioshock and Gears of War can be played by kids, its nothing like GTA or Manhunt.
I do not see a problem with GTA either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom