1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the Pan A300's DVI input...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Captain_Danger, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Captain_Danger

Captain_Danger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi,

I have a Panny A300 and am considering purchasing a DVD player with DVI facilities.
    Will a DVI player work with the A300?
    Obviously I know there would be no point using the 720p upscaling abilty of some players as the A300 only has a resolution of 540.

2. ChrisAllenFiz

ChrisAllenFiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    It would depend on the dvd player. Some will allow you to set the properties of what is output on the DVI, and some will only have fixed modes that it will work with. You need to check out what the player you buy will support really.

Chris

3. Captain_Danger

Captain_Danger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Well, I was considering one of the new Denon Machines (well maybe after they have recieved their customary 68 firmware updates) possibly the 2910.
    I would love a better projector, and might buy the next Panasonic Projector after passing up the A500.

4. William

William
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think that the DVI input on the AE300 is HDCP compatible. This means that you need a DVD player without HDCP or one which you can disable the HDCP.

I think that all the mainstream players will have HDCP which cannot be disabled. I saw in one of the magazines that there was method of disabling HDCP on the current Samsung DVI player.