1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the Kef 2005.2 speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by garrad, Mar 30, 2005.

1. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if you can feed a cable through the base of the speaker if you are using it as a wall mount?

2. 1ofaKind

1ofaKind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

I can't comment on the .2's but on my .1's there isn't a hole to run them through. What I ended up doing was bringing the wire from slightly above the base and then round and under to the speaker terminals. Due to their nature unless your looking it does a pretty good job of hiding the wire.

3. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I wouldn't mind hiding the wire at the front and Was thinking of buying 3 new .2 speakers. I have the old ones and think the upgrade for the front sound and the base would be a good purchase.
    Also means I can use the old ones for music in my office *cough* video games room.

4. richgtfc

richgtfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've 6 2005.1 speakers. Bought 5 & the sub as a set, the extra one from Sevenoaks. Strangely, the 5 speakers in the set all have holes in the base, covered with a black rubber plug so you can run cable through. The extra speaker has no hole. All very strange :confused:

Rich

5. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 7 2005.1 speakers, all have solid bases. I also have 3 pairs of stands, but I now want to have the front speakers on the wall.

6. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    My 2005.2's also have a small rubber bung in the centre of the base that can be removed to allow cable to be fed through.

Balders.

7. garrad

garrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah looks like I got mine when they first came out without the cable hole. I think i'll just drill a hole myself in the base instead of buying the new ones.