Question about the FiiO E5 amp.

Scrivs

Standard Member
Hi all,

I have a question about the FiiO E5 headphone amp and I was hoping any of you could help me with it.

I recently bought a pair of Jays s-Jays earphones for their bass response, but sometimes they earphones give a cracking and distorted sound when I play certain songs that have alot of bass.
They have a frequency response of 20 Hz - 20 KHz and I was wondering if this problem is caused because they dont go low enough?

I saw that the FiiO E5 has a frequency response of 10 Hz - 60 KHz, so my question is: would using the FiiO E5 amp solve my problem of crackign and distorted sounds because the amp has a lower frequency response and due to this fact will handle my bass-heavy songs much better?'
If not, any other hints / tips / solutions by you are also most welcome ofcourse.

I have to say that I havent listened to my s-Jays for that long yet, only for a couple of hours so far. Though I dont think that the cracking noises will go away after more hours of listening, I think its just caused by the frequency response... but i could be wrong about that, if so, plz tell me :p

I hope any1 of you could help me with this.

Thanks in advance ;-)

tudj

Novice Member
What device are you using the S-Jays with? If you are using MP3 (or other compressed files) what bitrate are they at?

Scrivs

Standard Member
Sorry that I didnt mention that,

I'm using them on my iPod Touch 3G and most of the songs I listen to have a bitrate of 320 kbps. Thats not low, so thats why it also surprised me when I first listened to them.
I hope I gave you enough information now to give me some tips or solutions ;-)

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom