1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about the 6 band custom EQ on Sony NW-HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Catastrophe, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm kinda noobish about how to set these EQ properly, can anyone explain the difference between the 3 bass and treble bands? i find that the digital preset easier and more effective to use...i guess i dunno how to customise 6 band. all the files on my HD5 is Atrac.

anyway, i got the black one and no signs of cracks so far...

2. Catastrophe

Catastrophe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone help?

3. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think to put it simple, Bass in low sounds and Treble is high sound.
    Often people will think that Treble is unimportant, but its just as important as bass. Unless your music contains no top end sounds.

The "bands" slipt sound by their frequency.

So Three Bass Bands are basically the bass spilt up into how deep they are, so the first one might be very deep sounds, the second might be deep sounds and the third much closer to mid range sounds or is likely to be the mids on such a player.

Apply this rule to Treble or "high" sounds

An EQ normally extists on larger sound rigs and home steros. The fuction is either to adjust how a piece of music sounds or more often you use this to control the sound of the music due to the enviroment. I.e- you music is going to be different in the kicten to your living room, the tiles in a kicten reflex sound, where the carpet in your living room adsorbs it.

Having this fuction on a little MP3 player is'nt that nessecary, but is a nice extra. How a play with it, you cannot do any damage by playing with the settings. I would use the "Digital Sound Preset", adjust it to how you feel.

I should point out that the EQ will not work on MP3 files on the HD3, which may be the case on the HD5.