Question about Surround Sound.

MoohaX

Novice Member
Update: I managed to get it to work with netflix, but still no luck with my ps5

Ive been browsing since i set up my TV fully. But cant seem to find a proper answer to what I'm trying to sort out unless i don't understand.

I upgraded to the LG C1 from a Samsung NU8000 ( which had a very easy set up for my Yamaha Amp and sending surround sound to it from my ps5, netflix ect)

So ive got a Digital Audio cable going from the TV, to my HTR-5830 Yamaha, I know ive seen that it doesnt support DTS, but have it set to Analog ( not sure if that changes anything) but adjusting settings on the TV ( PCM ect) and the ps5. Doesn't seem to engage the surround sound like it did with the Samsung. The Yamaha also doesn't seem to have a HDMI Arc as.. im pretty sure its old, girlfriends dad gave it to her a while back.

If its just as simple as.. in general its not supported that way. Is their a Audio Converter that isnt to costly that could solve this problem, as.. gaming and movies just wont be the same with out it.

Last edited:

next010

Distinguished Member
On TV settings
Digital sound output = auto (PCM = stereo)
eARC = disabled
HDMI input format = bitstream
Speaker = optical output

On PS5
Sound system = AVR
number of speakers = 5.1
Audio format = Dolby

However keep in mind Dolby is prone to lag depending upon the hardware so audio in games may be out of sync, set the audio format back to PCM on the PS5 in such case as PCM is lower latency.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom