1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about stands

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by David, Nov 7, 2004.

1. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a couple of thousand quid to spend on a plasma TV but the it has to fit in a cupboard unit that's 113cm (44") wide x 60cm (23.5") high (and reasonably deep). The biggest screen I can get that fits this unit is a 37" panel and the only ones I can find are the Panasonic TH37PW7 and the Hitachi 37PD5200. I think I'll go for the Panasonic but I need some way of holding it it the cupboard.

Q1: I haven't been able to find any info about the height of this unit on its table top stand. Does anyone know?

Q2: If the PW7 stand is too high, does anyone know if this panel will fit the PW6 stand which seems to be a bit lower down and should just fit?

Q3: Alternatively is there a third party generic stand I could buy or (final option) has anyone made a stand of their own for this purpose?

Thanks in advance

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can you not use a wallmount in the cupboard to hold it in place? If you could, and you could squeeze to 61cm tall You could fit in a 42" PW7 :)

3. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the cupboard is about 50cm deep so the wallmount would mean it was right at the back (unless there is one that pushes it forward?

4. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Could you build something into the cupboard to bring the back forwards? i.e. the likes of a false wall? I wouldnt have thought it would be too tricky, jsut a few bits of sturdy timber going the width of the cupboard an then a sheet of wood on the front of that

You could then hide/route all the cables behind it and also mount it at the depth you like, even make it flush with the wall its in. Which IMO would look pretty smart :)

Just need to make sure theres enought space for ventilation

5. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I think I could :) In fact I think I might just do that.

I've noticed on the AV Sales site that there's a slimline stand as well as the ordinary one. If anyone knows anything about the hight of the unit on this slimline stand I'd be very grateful though as it would save me some DIY.

Thanks

6. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Take a piccy of the cupboard and post it on here, it willl help people assist you :)

7. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try to do that. I've also just found something called a Haropa V200 Uni-Lock bracket (see http://www.toptelevisions.co.uk/shop/?target=dept_817.html ). This might just push it forward enough if it will fit the cupboard. Hight of the bracket might be an issue though.

One other quickie. I've noticed that the pw7 panel seems to be advertised with a number of suffixes (eg PW7B or PW7BS or PW7BJ1, and I've seen others). Should I be taking careful note of them and what do they mean?

8. David

David
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In case anyone needs to know, Panasonic have now confirmed that their pedistal stand adds 7.5cm to the height of the panel (making it too high for my cupboard). However, those wonderful people at AV Sales measured it on their slimline pedistal and this adds only 2.5cm to the height making it perfect! :clap:

Needless to say I placed the order with AV Sales there and then with their stand, scart terminal board and Quintro Scart hub. Got a call two hours later arranging to deliver tomorrow!!! Couldn't be happier. :) :)

Thanks to all.

David

9. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Congrats!

10. EpsomJames

EpsomJames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Looks like AV Sales sell the VEDA Debut stand. I have one of these for my PW6 and on the lowest set of holes (out of 2) it really doesn't add any height at all.