1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Sony Handycam DCR-DVD300

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Eleggua, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Eleggua

Eleggua

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've had the Sony Handycam DCR-DVD300 for about 1.5 years now and really like it.

Lately I've been looking into creating Video Newsletters via a program called: Visual Communicator.

That program requires that the camera be hooked up to the computer via Firewire and I'm not sure if the camera has that? Does anyone know?

Is it possible to hook up the camera via FireWire for use with that program?

If not does Sony have a HandyCam camera that will do this?

Thanks,

Kenrick

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Welcome to the forum Eleggua

Judging by the name of your camcorder I assume it is a DVD recordable cam! If so then the chances are that it will not have firewire. Read the manual and look for any mention of firewire, AKA iLink, DV port or ieee1394 (all exactly the same thing).
    If you decide to buy another camcorder then any one that records to miniDV will have a firewire port to output the footage to a PC. Digital8, microMV and just about every digital consumer cams should also have firewire, but you should check the specs carefully before spending any money if that is a definate requirement.

Mark.