Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Question about Sony Freeview receiver

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Fingolfin, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone!
    I live in Italy and we're about to have digital terrestrial tv very soon...around Christmas time.
    It seems as though we won't get any fancy freeview receiver but only a cheap one from some unknown make.
    I saw instead that in England they sell loads of receivers from the most famous brands.
    I'm interested into the Sony one, the VTX-D800U.
    Since my gf is English I could ask her to bring me one when she comes next time but I was wondering if this receiver would be compatible with our system.
    Here in Italy we have PAL B/G while I know in England you have PAL-I.
    Do you happen to know if this receiver is for the UK market only or could be used in my country as well?
    Last q...are there other better receivers than the Sony?! Any with component progressive scan output?

Thanks in advance!
    Fingolfin

2. mark67

mark67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    Have a look here, it may be of some help.

http://www.npe.sony.co.uk/index.html

I have just bought the Sony and it seems OK. Excellent build, Nice remote, Good pictures and sound.

I cannot compare it other Freeview boxes, because I read a few reviews on the Sony, all very commendable, so I went out and bought it.

Hope this helps.