Question about Sky+ Installation

stevie-c

Standard Member
Reaction score
When I originally had sky installed i didn't like the way the cable was just run through a hole in the wall. I therefore decided to install a wall socket which looked far neater and worked a treat. I am now having sky+ installed next week and obviously i will need an additional cable. Maplin sell a double socket which i am probably going to buy. My question is, if i install the double socket (it is a simple swap for the single one) will the Sky+ engineer connect the cable up to the socket or do they have to provide an unbroken run to the Sky+ box?

I couldn't get a brass satellite wallplate with 2 sockets, so bought a blank one, and two F connector 'barrels' (male to male). Drill two holes, bolt them in, and then you can connect with f connectors, rather than stciking the wire under a screw terminal (not good for signal) Sky chap was happy to connect to this..

You might be able to persuade the engineer to connect the cables to a wall box if you treat him nicely :)

AndrewJ said:
I couldn't get a brass satellite wallplate with 2 sockets, so bought a blank one, and two F connector 'barrels' (male to male). Drill two holes, bolt them in, and then you can connect with f connectors, rather than stciking the wire under a screw terminal (not good for signal) Sky chap was happy to connect to this..

This is a great way to do it,i use this method.
Use the deepest back box you can to avoid kinking the cables.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom