Question Question about rear surround speaker placement

Waynester

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

currently using 2 x Q Acoustic 3010’s on their proper ST stands as rear surrounds in my setup...
just managed to sell them within 90 minutes of putting them on Facebook, pleased with my £135 sale!

I’m trying to decide on a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2’s on stands OR the Bronze FX?

my problem is that my sofa is right against the rear wall, so I can only have whatever speakers I choose to face inward towards my ears like this, can I use either speakers like this? Which speakers would be better would you think?

I can’t put them on the wall as my flat is rented

Attachments

• DFBD0BC8-F31A-4D58-9A0C-DC01C61AF814.jpeg
    DFBD0BC8-F31A-4D58-9A0C-DC01C61AF814.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 103
Wayne, how you like the new big ass Bronzes? Can you post photo of your front stage? :)

Is this a 5.1 setup or 7.1?

If its 5.1, that speaker position is perfect as per dolby standards so I don't see the problem.

Wayne, how you like the new big ass Bronzes? Can you post photo of your front stage? :)

I’ve been waiting 4 weeks for the things to arrive lol!
Delays from Monitor Audio unfortunately
My living room is this empty so I’ve used a Yamaha YAS-103 soundbar to see me through 🤣

The 500’s are being delivered Friday this week... will post up once all set up and calibrated

Attachments

• 60D8EAA4-80A6-4B61-BFCA-342720E5B470.jpeg
    60D8EAA4-80A6-4B61-BFCA-342720E5B470.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 112
Maybe some MA Apex A10s on stands?

BX2 are going to be annoying at that distance.

Maybe some MA Apex A10s on stands?

BX2 are going to be annoying at that distance.

id love the Apex A10’s but can’t afford them

would a pair of lesser Bronze 1’s be better than my Q Acoustics 3010’s?

Last edited:
The Dynami Uno stand would work too. You can get the 750mm and 900mm height which would put the speakers bit higher which could be prefered especially if you are sticking with 5.1 system!

Yeah my bad mate! Just cancelled the DUO 60cm high stands as they are 5cm lower than my QA stands, just realised when I recline my chair to watch movies, they will be way way too low! Better to be higher?

I’ve re-ordered the UNO ones at 75cm in height, means with the Bronze 1 speakers on top that’ll be 101cm... current QA 3010 on stands are 88cm.. might be better for me

Yeah my bad mate! Just cancelled the DUO 60cm high stands as they are 5cm lower than my QA stands, just realised when I recline my chair to watch movies, they will be way way too low! Better to be higher?

I’ve re-ordered the UNO ones at 75cm in height, means with the Bronze 1 speakers on top that’ll be 101cm... current QA 3010 on stands are 88cm.. might be better for me

Yeah man higher the better esp. as they are so close to you. Although the 900mm stand could look bit goofy, so maybe the 750mm is best compromise.

Oh crap! 🤦‍♂️

Just realised the top plate on these UNO stands are a lot smaller than the speakers, have a look at the measurements, the DUO would be better but not tall enough... does it matter that speakers are bigger than the top plate on these new stands matey?? Don’t want em falling off 😳

Attachments

• F92602A2-9F86-45AA-9E6A-1BFF7CD8705B.jpeg
    F92602A2-9F86-45AA-9E6A-1BFF7CD8705B.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 640A783D-334A-4DB3-B94F-3CABFB96E736.jpeg
    640A783D-334A-4DB3-B94F-3CABFB96E736.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 59
Oh crap! 🤦‍♂️

Just realised the top plate on these UNO stands are a lot smaller than the speakers, have a look at the measurements, the DUO would be better but not tall enough... does it matter that speakers are bigger than the top plate on these new stands matey?? Don’t want em falling off 😳

Yep i noticed, but i wouldn`t worry too much as you can use blutack or something similar to stick them on stands. I had smaller top plate with my Bronze 1s too. You have them quite close though so they are more in danger if you party often with buddies, that goes for any stands. :laugh:

Yep i noticed, but i wouldn`t worry too much as you can use blutack or something similar to stick them on stands. I had smaller top plate with my Bronze 1s too. You have them quite close though so they are more in danger if you party often with buddies, that goes for any stands. :laugh:

My years of partying are well and truly over fella 🤣
I’m 47 in November and I like being single and free 😆

I’ll try not to knock em off after I’ve had a few ales🤣🤣

looking at the measurements though, the difference isn’t huge and shouldn’t hang over by much... 👍🏻
Do I have to fill these stands with sand? Or not bother?

My years of partying are well and truly over fella 🤣
I’m 47 in November and I like being single and free 😆

I’ll try not to knock em off after I’ve had a few ales🤣🤣

looking at the measurements though, the difference isn’t huge and shouldn’t hang over by much... 👍🏻
Do I have to fill these stands with sand? Or not bother?

Haha! I haven`t filled stands to this day, but you could make them heavier that way. Other than that you might have to ask from some golden ear how much better they sound afterwards. 🤓 If the stands are wobbly then maybe consider the filler sand something cheap which is often used.. The white ash finish is quite nice, hope you like it. I had the same with white stands to blend better with white walls. The finish is slightly different with the new models, but that shouldn`t matter as they aren´t side by side.

Haha! I haven`t filled stands to this day, but you could make them heavier that way. Other than that you might have to ask from some golden ear how much better they sound afterwards. 🤓 If the stands are wobbly then maybe consider the filler sand something cheap which is often used.. The white ash finish is quite nice, hope you like it. I had the same with white stands to blend better with white walls. The finish is slightly different with the new models, but that shouldn`t matter as they aren´t side by side.

I’ve ordered the white gloss shiny finish, not the matte... I’m sure I’ll like them 😊

Attachments

• B4243587-E6AE-4125-A0A6-8B174AC5ACBA.jpeg
    B4243587-E6AE-4125-A0A6-8B174AC5ACBA.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 60

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom