Question about ppv movies

S

Schumi

I have two sky boxes, one in the lounge and one in the conservatory. The box in the conservatory is a standard sky digital box, and I ordered a ppv film on it last night. Thing is, I wasn't around when it was on, so I thought I would tape it so I could watch it later. This proved to be impossible, as when I wound it back, the picture was all over the place, and the sound was really bad. I thought my video recorder was the problem, but it records fine on other sky channels. This led me to think that sky have some sort of system in place so you can't record ppv films properly. Probably something to do with the fact that they are only £3.75 to order.

Any help would be great.

Steven.

the box office channels have copy protection on them so you carnt copy them

Thought so. Thanks for confirming that. It's still ridiculous though. Sometimes when you order a film, it might not be possible to view it first time i.e. if something important came up etc.

If you don't view the movie then you won't be charged, by view I mean select the channel/broadcast even for 1 second. Only ever had 1 PPV movie in 13 years but don't they still do the day long passes?

Macrovision is a pretty pathetic method of protecting PPV content, it's use is just paying lip service to the studios desire to prevent copying.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom