1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about ppv movies

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Schumi, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Schumi

Schumi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have two sky boxes, one in the lounge and one in the conservatory. The box in the conservatory is a standard sky digital box, and I ordered a ppv film on it last night. Thing is, I wasn't around when it was on, so I thought I would tape it so I could watch it later. This proved to be impossible, as when I wound it back, the picture was all over the place, and the sound was really bad. I thought my video recorder was the problem, but it records fine on other sky channels. This led me to think that sky have some sort of system in place so you can't record ppv films properly. Probably something to do with the fact that they are only £3.75 to order.

Any help would be great.

Steven.

2. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    the box office channels have copy protection on them so you carnt copy them

3. Schumi

Schumi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought so. Thanks for confirming that. It's still ridiculous though. Sometimes when you order a film, it might not be possible to view it first time i.e. if something important came up etc.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If you don't view the movie then you won't be charged, by view I mean select the channel/broadcast even for 1 second. Only ever had 1 PPV movie in 13 years but don't they still do the day long passes?

Macrovision is a pretty pathetic method of protecting PPV content, it's use is just paying lip service to the studios desire to prevent copying.

5. MikeHarrison

MikeHarrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just buy a macrovision remover scart cable (e.g. www.sonel.com)