1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Plasma Video Cards for Pioneer plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bwenk79, Jun 30, 2005.

1. bwenk79

bwenk79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought and set up a Pioneer PDP 434CMX. THe TV has the PDA-5004 video card. I am very happy with my HD signals and think the TV looks great but I see that an Aurora TVIP-1000 Pro Plasma video card is available with a DVI hookup (The video card that i have right now doesn't support DVI). I want to make sure that i am getting the most out of my HDTV viewing experience and am wondering if it would be worth buying the Video Card. I don't know much about plasma TV's and any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. stieven

stieven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, this is not really a reply, it would be much to late anyway :) but I hope to get some help with exactely the same problem bwenk79 described above. Bought the same TV/video card combination almost 10 years ago in the US and I am now back in Europe (where they never sold that TV version) and I would like to upgrade from the DVI-D (PC only!) to an HDMI/HDCP capable video card, as I can only watch the 1080i signal via the component connection. Is there a replacement video card for my PDP-434CMX available that would not cost as much as a new HDTV (I would now buy an LCD :). If it was only available in the US, no problem, I get back to the US often enough for online ordering it there and I have an US address available for receiving it there as well. Thanks for your help!

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    This might be of interest:-

Aurora TVP-1000 PRO Plasma Video Card pioneer plasma tv

And someone is selling one here:-

Aurora TVP 1000 Pro Plasma Card w Scaler DVI HDCP Dual Tuner Pip New | eBay

Bit pricey though.

I'd stick with 1080i via Component or buy a new TV. Bear in mind that just because you connect via HDMI/DVI doesn't mean you'll get improved picture quality. Both my plasmas look superb when fed via Component 1080i. Easily on par with HDMI and in the case of my older Panny 42PWD6 it looks better via Component than DVI.

4. webby

webby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
  5. stieven

stieven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: