Question about Panny plasma's, worrying about res and hd etc

Taz69

Hi guys,

I am looking at a Panasonic 42" PV500 for HD veiwing etc when it gets here, but from reading some bits on the forum, it appears that its a 4:3 aspect stretched to 16:9 is this true, what does this do to watching a 16:9 dvd, sky etc.

Should I consider a 37" as that has 1024 x 720, not sure I can justify or stretch to a 50" which has 1366 x 768.

Another thing is does the overscan on a 42" 1024 x 768 mess the whole HD thing up or is it not noticeable ?

Thanks

Taz

O

orange66

I thought about this too, until I demo'd one. It just has the most amazing HD picture I have ever seen, to me it was way better than that on LCD's with more pixels. I would suggest go and see one in action.

Jazz Monkey Jr

All it means is that the pixels are slightly stretched, it sounds quite bad but it isn't, Go and see one and judge for yourself, I have had mine 5 months and I would buy the same again.

K

k0rn

orange66 said:
I thought about this too, until I demo'd one. It just has the most amazing HD picture I have ever seen, to me it was way better than that on LCD's with more pixels.
EXACTLY.

BTW, the pixels are not square but that doesn't mean that the picture is stretched in any way. Just to make that clear.

gizlaroc

Think of it like anamorphic mode, makes it easier to understand it.

Taz69

cheers guys, but local to me are only currys, comet, jl etc, not the best for demoing, any tips on what to look for etc

Taz

Taz69

Also chaps, how high is a plasma on consumption of electricity ? people seem to say they use a lot, higher bills etc ?

Any Truth in this ?

Taz

Taz69

Thanks m8

gizlaroc

I thought they were more efficient?

Mind you just got my electricity bill through from Powergen for this last quater, came in at £786!!!
Just called them and they are going to get back to me as they think it seems a little high. :rolleyes:

Trending threads

Top Bottom