1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about panasonic hs2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by VTI_VTEC, Apr 28, 2003.

1. VTI_VTEC

VTI_VTEC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought myself a panasonic dmr-hs2 , was reading the manual and it state you can only dub the maximum of 250 programmes to HDD and 99 programmes to dvd-ram or dvd-r!

So did this mean if you dub anything on HHD to dvd-ram ,more than 250 time , that you cann`t do any more dubbing with it ?

Is there any way around this ?

Kenny

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    No mate it means the maximum amount of programs the HDD can hold at any one time !

3. VTI_VTEC

VTI_VTEC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank , so i can copy video on to hdd and edit then and put them on to dvd-r ,as much as i like.

Is there a way to copy prerecord video on to dvd-r as i try todate and keep getting not unable to copy this video( if there is a copy right bug built into the video tape). Is there anyway round this so i get rid of my video tapes.

kenny:smashin:

4. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95

It's good isn't it.;)

Sounds like macrovision. The way around it is to get a copymate box. :nono: :D ;) I think they sell them at maplins. they *cough* improve the qualitys of copys etc.

5. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Its not that simple, as there can be other protection as well.

try this site for a lot of hs2 advice
    http://www.thewholewideweb.com/forum/default.asp.

Apparently disney are the most difficult. Anyway, I can't see the point in copying vhs tapes unless they are irreplaceable personal recordings. The quality is much the same and most films come out on tv at some time anyway.

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    Agreed. A recording from Sky digital compresses better than any VHS recording. Sky may offer a fairly crap picture but the end result is better than trying to archive old noisy VHS.

7. VTI_VTEC

VTI_VTEC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    True ,but i just want to copy my star wars box set and was reading on www.thewholewideweb.com and it was talking about a sercive hack that let you switch off reigon .
    Has anybody try this on they units

Kenny

8. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Depends what channel it is. I was going to record a TV show I wanted from UKGold onto DVD straight off, but the UKGold picture looked horribly compressed with artifacting and noisy, so I simultaniously played my pre-recorded VHS version at same time and flicked between the two. It was a close call, whilst the UKGold version obviously had higher resolution, the picture was just so much noisier, the VHS looked more desirable to the eye, coupled with the fact my VHS copy didn't have ad breaks or any DOGs.

Mind you UKGOLD and the BBC channels are probably the worst culprits for using such a low bitrate.

9. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I recorded the Dune mini series from sci-fi channel and the quality is appalling, the bandwith must have been really compressed. I was very disapointed because on the original showing the quality swas fine, and it was on the basis of that I decided to record it when it was repeated some time later.
    You cant even read the text on the credits the definition is so poor.

10. TommyVecetti

TommyVecetti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Sci-Fi channel is also appauling, where the bitrate used is concerned. I was watching Outer Limits recently, awful compression.

Ken, if you want the Dune mini-series I recommend the R1 Dune SE. Lovely quality, especially compared to the R2 release that has been badly standards converted from NTSC.