Question Question about my sound system equipment

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Jath, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Jath

Jath
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am new in the AV equipment area and truthfully, I feel like I may have messed up in my purchases of equipment.

To start, I got the below equipment. Now, I think I may have to service the AV Receiver because of an issue where it is turning off randomly. I'm wondering if I damaged it because of the speakers or not, and would like so opinions. The ohms differ, and I can't find the specifics of whether I really messed up or not.

Is this receiver too weak for the speakers?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AV Receiver: Amazon.com: Yamaha RX-V375 5.1 Channel 3D A/V Home Theater Receiver - (Discontinued by Manufacturer): Electronics

Rear speakers (surround): Amazon.com: Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers, Pair, Black: Electronics

Front floor standing speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TS...TF8&qid=1437242428&sr=1-7&keywords=Polk+Audio

Center channel: Amazon.com: Polk Audio CS10 Center Channel Speaker (Single, Black): Electronics

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,443
    Those speakers should be fine with that receiver. It is either a fault with the receiver or check all the cabling to make sure there are no stray strands crossing terminals etc.