Question about Moto E 6Play

Bernie2

Novice Member
I am relatively new to Android phones and although I find it very useful, there is one thing that bugs me every time. Although I am able to increase the general screen time via settings etc., I do not know how to increase the initial opening time. For example, by the time I hear a notification sound and picked up the phone to read it, the screen goes blank and I have to press the start button to get back to get the notifications back again. I have about 5/6 seconds to do this and I find it very annoying. Is there any way I can extend that time, so that I don't have to continually press the start button ?

Bernie2

Novice Member
[Many thanks Gallifreyan. I have tried your suggestion but it does not answer my query. What I am trying to do is extend the time right at the beginning when for example I receive a notification or text. By the time I have found and picked up the phone, the screen has gone blank and I have to press the start button to open up the phone again. I know this is no big deal but I find this most annoying and not all of us have the phone at hand, especially at home. If it can't be done, it can't be done but I thought I would ask online as it is impossible to contact the phone retailer to ask.

depot

My moto g8 power has “peek display” in the settings - display-advanced, turning it on allows you to touch the screen to see your notifications without opening the phone, don’t know if that option is available on the E6

Bernie2

Novice Member
Afraid not depot. It seems that my phone does not have that facility, so I will just have to put up with what I have. Many thanks though.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom