1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Mission m cube and music

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jubbaa, Aug 8, 2005.

1. jubbaa

jubbaa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Firstly please forgive me if this subject has been covered already, but I am an absolute newbie at this and completely ignorant about this subject.

I have been given the chance to purchase a used Mission M Cube set and was wondering if the speakers will be good enough to play music ( CD ) through. I understand that a home theatre set up will not be as good as a stand alone stereo set up , but for the occasional CD will I be happy?...is there a better system that you would recomend that might do a better job of both home cinema and occasional music for about £800?.

My romm is rectangle and 13ft by 18ft.

Many thanks in advance for your advice. James :confused:

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    I havent listened to the M-cube setup for very long but whilst is was good with home cinema it was in my opinion lacking with music - a view that has been echoed by most magazine reviews.

B&W Mini Theatre systems are receiving very good reviews at the moment, and I would imagine that the MT10 entry level system would be within your price range and possibly the MT20 - the systems all use the same sats but have different subs.

Best thing to do is to get yourself down to a decent hifi store and listen to them in their demo room. Remember to bring a couple of CDs/DVDs you paticularly like and know to test it with.

3. LCD User

LCD User

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought the m cubes along with a denon 1906 av. I thought the music I took into play at the demo was excellent through the cubes. The bass response through the amp was great and the centre very responsive. I suppose it's what you have to compare it against.I had an old sony min system in the lounge, so the step up seems phonemenal. I will be using mine for a mix of Cinema and audio and was very happy with both through the Mcube. It also looks fantastic too. I think there are better sound reproduction on B&W but by the time you buy an sub that compares with the cubes you are looking at well over £1200. My cubes cost £840
    Hope this helps.

4. magrillz

magrillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I was origiannly looking for a Sub/Sat system.

Mission M-Cube, B&W MT20/30 and the Tannoy's all get very good reviews. I seem to remember they said that it was a very close match between the Missions and the B&W MT20's but they prefered the B&W's with muisc.

might just come down to personal taste and will depend on the amp thats driving them.

As LCD User says there seems to be a fair price difference between the Missions and the B&W's.

UI spent a good few hours listening to different set-ups before I made my choice. Afterall a grand is still alot to spend on speakers so you want to make sure you buy the right ones for you.

Mat