question about micro system DCB2077

heuterm

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all, i have a DCB2077/10 micro system which i bought a few years ago. I cannot get the system to 'accept' my iphone/ipod - when i connect it via the dock, it charges (so is recognised) but as soon as i go to dock in the menu, it fails. I have been in touch with Philips customer support who haven't been all that helpful. I don't have the CD that would have been supplied with the system, so cannot do a system upgrade, can anyone help? thanks all.

According to the user manual your micro system is compatible with the following models:
• iPod touch (5th generation)
• iPod nano (7th generation)
• iPhone 5
• iPad 4
• iPad mini
Is your iPod one of the above?
Is your iPhone an iPhone 5?
If not then compatibility is not promised by Philips. The user manual also says that if you want to find out if there is a firmware update available you have to register your system and create a user account on the Philips website. Did you try doing that?
The fact that your device charges just means it's receiving charging power on the correct pin of the the dock's socket, it doesn't confirm that the system recognises what the device is.

JB

Ah - the iPhone is an SE (older version), the iPod I need to check. As for software update, I don’t have the disc and when connecting to my MacBook Air the player is not recognised.

For the software update, assuming there is one (you have to login to your Philips user account to find out) you don't need a disc you would download the update file and according to the user manual instructions should be included with the file describing how to perform the update.

With regard to your MacBook Air, how are you connecting it?
As far as I can see the only supported connection would be to use the headphone output on the MacBook, assuming it has one, and connect that to the Micro System's MP3-Link socket. A cable like this is required:
Amazon product ASIN B00UCAYQY4
JB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom