Question Question about Light Bleed

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ssbib, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ssbib

ssbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +668
    Hello all.

I bought a new TV at the start of July and was really happy with it. It was an LG 55UH661V. Unfortunately there was a fault with it that LG deemed not viable to repair. This unit was no longer manufactured so I opted to swap for the 55UJ670V, which from what I could understand is essentially the same TV but this years model and ever so slightly better.i had to pay an extra £60 but thought this would be worth it as it's over £200 more expensive normally.

Last night was the first opportunity to watch anything properly on it and when I did is noticed the left side of the screen was all washed out. I first thought it was the film I was watching but later realised it is horrendous light bleed. So bad was it that even my wife noticed and she is not so technologically inclined. The older TV did not have this. I am going to contact Richer Sounds today but my question is this...

If I were to swap it for another TV of the same make and model will I have the same problem or is this likely to be a manufacturing defect on this one unit only? Odd that a higher spec, newer version of the same TV has more light bleed.

2. ssbib

ssbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +668
  3. The_Vindicator

The_Vindicator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    light bleed on TV's is really hit and miss, two identical model sets could show completely different levels of bleed, or none at all, it's really down to the individual set, its a problem that ranges from the lowest end TV's all the way to the top end.

If you are going to swap the TV see if you can head down to the store and view the replacement.

4. ssbib

ssbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +668
    Thanks for that. I might push for a replacement. I doubt it can get any worse. What's really annoying is I was happy with the set I bought in July, but it developed a fault and there were no more replacement units as it was a 2016 model so I had to go for a 2017 one. It would've been better if LG had fixed the 2016 model for me to be honest.