Question about LG C1 OLED 83 INCH TV WEIRD ISSUE PICTURE CALIBRATION AND PICTURE COLOR (LENGTHY POST)

allstarr373

Novice Member
Hi to all. Sorry for lengthy post

I currently have a C1 OLED 83 inch

I have written on here a few times about my professionally calibrated oled and how I thought it was a bit dark etc.

I wanted to write to ask if anybody heard anything about the newest C1 firmware update making the tv more brighter at all?

Or if anybody noticed their OLED getting brighter after having it unplugged for an extended period of time?

Or finally if they moved their oled from a higher position to a more eye level position and noticed the picture seem better?

I ask this because 1 week ago I decided to redo my living room where I also changed the position of the tv, and built an extended to wall to mount TV, which previously is where tv was mounted caddy corner and was very high up (a few months it was really high as I didn't expect the mounting holes on tv to be so low) anyways I had the tv unplugged for 7 days straight.while renovating. After I plugged the tv in 2 days ago, powered it on in its new spot I had a firmware update which the tv did automatically. When I turned tv to Netflix or any sdr content, football wrestling, tv shows, the news, cartoons, literally everything.

I WAS IN AMAZMENT

OMG WOW THE PICTURE LOOKED AMAZING. IT WAS BREATH TAKING ON ALL CONTENT. DOLBY VISION, HDR, SDR. I SEEN SOME CONTENT I THOUGHT WAS DARK AND IT WAS JUST PERFECT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED.

I double, triple, quadruple checked that I was on the right calibrated setting which was isf brightroom, all of the calibrated SETTINGS were there WITH no changes. I was even told you can verify 3dlut calibrations to still be there by checking that the gamma and white balance is grayed out. WHICH THEY ARE.

I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS TV, THE IMAGE, EVERYTHING.

Now isf bright is actually bright, outside scenes look bright, black looks pitch black.

however, there is a curious part of me that wants to figure out what happened, why now 2 months after the calibration the tv colors appears PERFECT.

The calibrator is very very very well known in the industry so it wasn't a bad calibrator either.

Also I have had 3 tvs prior to this calibrated so I know the tv after calibration appears darker usually as color accuracy is the goal and creators intent, and more realistic picture, so those expectations have always been there with no issue. As well as it wasn't an instance of my eyes needing to adjust or break in period the tv is current at 800 hrs and also AI enhancements are off

If anybody can provide any experiences or provide more clarity for me as to what happened?

I would gladly appreciate it.
Resized_20220129_134115.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_Resized_20211215_193339.jpg
    Resized_Resized_Resized_20211215_193339.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220129_233548.jpg
    20220129_233548.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220128_231134.jpg
    20220128_231134.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 92
  • 20211218_005346.jpg
    20211218_005346.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 101

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
Hi to all. Sorry for lengthy post

I currently have a C1 OLED 83 inch

I have written on here a few times about my professionally calibrated oled and how I thought it was a bit dark etc.

I wanted to write to ask if anybody heard anything about the newest C1 firmware update making the tv more brighter at all?

Or if anybody noticed their OLED getting brighter after having it unplugged for an extended period of time?

Or finally if they moved their oled from a higher position to a more eye level position and noticed the picture seem better?

I ask this because 1 week ago I decided to redo my living room where I also changed the position of the tv, and built an extended to wall to mount TV, which previously is where tv was mounted caddy corner and was very high up (a few months it was really high as I didn't expect the mounting holes on tv to be so low) anyways I had the tv unplugged for 7 days straight.while renovating. After I plugged the tv in 2 days ago, powered it on in its new spot I had a firmware update which the tv did automatically. When I turned tv to Netflix or any sdr content, football wrestling, tv shows, the news, cartoons, literally everything.

I WAS IN AMAZMENT

OMG WOW THE PICTURE LOOKED AMAZING. IT WAS BREATH TAKING ON ALL CONTENT. DOLBY VISION, HDR, SDR. I SEEN SOME CONTENT I THOUGHT WAS DARK AND IT WAS JUST PERFECT. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED.

I double, triple, quadruple checked that I was on the right calibrated setting which was isf brightroom, all of the calibrated SETTINGS were there WITH no changes. I was even told you can verify 3dlut calibrations to still be there by checking that the gamma and white balance is grayed out. WHICH THEY ARE.

I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS TV, THE IMAGE, EVERYTHING.

Now isf bright is actually bright, outside scenes look bright, black looks pitch black.

however, there is a curious part of me that wants to figure out what happened, why now 2 months after the calibration the tv colors appears PERFECT.

The calibrator is very very very well known in the industry so it wasn't a bad calibrator either.

Also I have had 3 tvs prior to this calibrated so I know the tv after calibration appears darker usually as color accuracy is the goal and creators intent, and more realistic picture, so those expectations have always been there with no issue. As well as it wasn't an instance of my eyes needing to adjust or break in period the tv is current at 800 hrs and also AI enhancements are off

If anybody can provide any experiences or provide more clarity for me as to what happened?

I would gladly appreciate it.
View attachment 1646032
It's possible the firmware update you did just before you noticed the difference changed picture for the better. And/or lowering the height and thus viewing angle of the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom