Question about LG 55UH6150 and Webos

CranstonSnord

Novice Member
Reaction score
My wife and I bought this TV about 2-3 years ago, and the other day we signed up with Hulu TV. The app on the TV works, but there is no option to watch live TV. According what I have read, this TV needs at least Webos 3.5 for this app to work correctly. Ours is 3.4.x :(. According to LG's webpage, the last update to this TV was April of 2019. having the TV look for an update on the internet resulted in none found. I am guessing this means LG has dropped support for this model and it cannot be upgraded any more? From what I gather, Webos is now on version 4.5. Is there any other weay to get Webos 4.5 on this set?

Note: The Hulu app works fine on our Samsung TV, and it is older!

LG are really bad for dropping WebOS support as soon as the next year's model is released. I have a 2017 OLED and 3.5 is as good as mine gets.

LG are really bad for dropping WebOS support as soon as the next year's model is released. I have a 2017 OLED and 3.5 is as good as mine gets.

So I guess these things are treated like Android phones. They get 1 or 2 updates, then the manufacturer drops support for them like a rock. It is a shame because the TV has been great in every other way. Apparenlty I am going to be forced at some point to buy a Firestick or something like that, but I should not have to.

I reckon it will be a good long time before that happens. The built in apps don’t get updated often, but you’ve always got that fall back plan several years down the line.

I will take another look when I get home! I thought the highest version of Webos was 4.5, but I could be wrong! Thanks!!

My LG 49UH770V is currently running webos 5.30.65

It
under the Smart TV section.

It's "TV Information" and I didn't even known that you could click on that for more info. :facepalm:

3.3.4-4316 (dreadlocks-dharug)

Dup.

Last edited:
Duplicate

It's "TV Information" and I didn't even known that you could click on that for more info. :facepalm:

3.3.4-4316 (dreadlocks-dharug)
Yep...

When it comes to our old 2016 TV's we have to visit: Settings -> General -> About This TV -> TV Information.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom