Quantcast

Question about LG 55UH6150 and Webos

CranstonSnord

Novice Member
My wife and I bought this TV about 2-3 years ago, and the other day we signed up with Hulu TV. The app on the TV works, but there is no option to watch live TV. According what I have read, this TV needs at least Webos 3.5 for this app to work correctly. Ours is 3.4.x :(. According to LG's webpage, the last update to this TV was April of 2019. having the TV look for an update on the internet resulted in none found. I am guessing this means LG has dropped support for this model and it cannot be upgraded any more? From what I gather, Webos is now on version 4.5. Is there any other weay to get Webos 4.5 on this set?

Note: The Hulu app works fine on our Samsung TV, and it is older!

fat jez

LG are really bad for dropping WebOS support as soon as the next year's model is released. I have a 2017 OLED and 3.5 is as good as mine gets.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

CranstonSnord

Novice Member
LG are really bad for dropping WebOS support as soon as the next year's model is released. I have a 2017 OLED and 3.5 is as good as mine gets.
So I guess these things are treated like Android phones. They get 1 or 2 updates, then the manufacturer drops support for them like a rock. It is a shame because the TV has been great in every other way. Apparenlty I am going to be forced at some point to buy a Firestick or something like that, but I should not have to.

fat jez

I reckon it will be a good long time before that happens. The built in apps don’t get updated often, but you’ve always got that fall back plan several years down the line.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
I will take another look when I get home! I thought the highest version of Webos was 4.5, but I could be wrong! Thanks!!
My LG 49UH770V is currently running webos 5.30.65

fat jez

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

fat jez

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
It
under the Smart TV section.
It's "TV Information" and I didn't even known that you could click on that for more info. :facepalm:

3.3.4-4316 (dreadlocks-dharug)

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Dup.

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Duplicate

fat jez

It

It's "TV Information" and I didn't even known that you could click on that for more info. :facepalm:

It's the Smart TV section on the link I gave you.

SeeMoreDigital

Yep...

When it comes to our old 2016 TV's we have to visit: Settings -> General -> About This TV -> TV Information.

Trending threads

Top Bottom