• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question about LG 42LV3400

KimJames

Standard Member
i have LG led tv the model is LG 42LV3400 the problem is i am connecting my Behringer power amp all jacks was in a correct position but there is no sound coming from my speakers they are saying that my tv is no audio out. Someone please help what should i do with this? I want to connect my external speakers so that when i am watching a movie i want an extra sound coming from my speakers..sorry for the english guys,,thanx in advance for the help..

JayCee

Distinguished Member
No need to apologise for your English, it's fine.

Use either the headphone socket on the left-hand side with a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 phono lead or the optical digital out on the rear of the set.
If you use the optical out you'll need to buy an optical digital to analogue audio convertor which will have 2 phono sockets to feed to your amp.

KimJames

Standard Member
Hi, I already use the head phone socket w/ 3.5 mm stereo jack to 2 phono lead but still no sound coming from my speakers. Now my second option is the optical digital out..did you think it will gonna work even the headphone socket did not work?thank you for your response jaycee

KimJames

Standard Member
If i buy an optical digital to analog audio converter what are all the cables that i am going to use to my lg tv to analog audio converter and to my power amplifier?thanks...

JayCee

Distinguished Member
KimJames said:
Hi, I already use the head phone socket w/ 3.5 mm stereo jack to 2 phono lead but still no sound coming from my speakers

Is this definitely a headphone socket?...did you plug in headphones and hear sound from them?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
KimJames said:
If i buy an optical digital to analog audio converter what are all the cables that i am going to use to my lg tv to analog audio converter and to my power amplifier?thanks...

An optical cable from the optical out on the Tv to the convertor.
A stereo phono to phono lead from the convertor to the amp.
The digital convertors come with a DC power supply so you'll need a spare power socket next to the Tv.

KimJames

Standard Member
Spare power socket??what is this look like??no idea with this can u please gave me an image sir??thank you for ur time sir..

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom