Question about KEF 3005SE stand

tommy060289

Standard Member
Hey everyone, I recently got a KEF 3005SE speaker package and want to get some speaker stands for the front two speakers. I just have a question in that I know someone who is selling a pair but one of the brackets on top of the speaker stand has come 'loose' I don't have much experience with these stands and have never seen them in person so Im not sure how the bracket fits but if anyone could supply me with a picture that would be great as well as an opinion on how easily they come loose and how easy a fix is likely to be!

Cheers,

Tom Shaw

Last edited:

ijg0

Standard Member
There is a plastic bit on the top of the metal pillar if this is what you are referring to? They are certainly not loose on mine and are either a tight fit or possibly glued in place.

Attachments

• kefstand.jpg
    kefstand.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,146

tommy060289

Standard Member
That's perfect mate. So that plastic piece at the top replace the feet of the speaker. How Do you think it could come loose? And could it be easily fixed with a bit of glue?

ijg0

Standard Member
Not sure how it would come off without quite a bit of force. Glue may be possible but I don't want to break mine to find out.

steve k

Hi tommy

how do u find the sound from these speaker am looking to get a set myself.

can get them for £849.99 with £150 worth of speaker cable ( 30m TDI CA130 speaker cable ) and subwoofer ( 5m TDI subwoofer cable) so think this is a good buy for the price.

Also they are wife friendly :thumbs up:

Last edited:

steve k

di u fix it :thumbsup:

KCooperman

Novice Member
Mine are loose, I wouldnt worry about it. In the pic I am pushing the speaker backward to show that there is a bit of movement

Attachments

• image-2011232740.jpg
    image-2011232740.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 487

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom