1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about inputs

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by cmontyburns, Feb 8, 2005.

1. cmontyburns

cmontyburns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking for a new stereo and have come accross the Technics SCDV290.

From the user manual (which I have downloaded) I have seen that there are, what appears to be, 2 phono cable inputs, one labelled VDP (?) and the other VCR. I assume the VCR is to take audio from a VCR, but does this mean it is limited ot only a VCR?

I would like to use two inputs, one for a mixer (pressumably I would use the vdp for this) and the other for my TV.

Does anyone know if this is all possible? Are the VDP and VCR inputs essentially the same or are then any differences/limitations with them?

Many thanks!

2. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    VDP - = Video Disc Player?

Chances are they are both standard line inputs, just like any aux or tuner input. Does them manual not have a specification section that give the sensitivities of the inputs and maybe also their impedance?

3. cmontyburns

cmontyburns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it does...

Inputs:
    VCR (EXT) - Sensitivity = 250 mV, Impedance = 15 KΩ
    VDP (AUX) - Sensitivity = 250 mV, Impedance = 15 KΩ

I have no idea what that means, but seeing as they are the same I guess they both do the same job?

So are they both just regular line inputs?

Thanks.

4. davehk

davehk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Yep, exactly. They are standard line inputs, you can use them interchangeably.

5. cmontyburns

cmontyburns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much, you have been a lot more helpful then their customer support!