1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question About HDD dvd recorders

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Monkey Alan, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Monkey Alan

Monkey Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi there :hiya: , I've been looking at getting a dvd multi changer but after finding they have all been discontinued in the UK I have started to look at a dvd hdd recorder instead.

My question is can you record dvd's to the hdd either using the dvd recorders own drive or using a p.c. I was looking at Panasonic's DMR-E500H inparticular.

2. BillTheButcher

BillTheButcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You won't be able to copy original DVDs directly to the hard disk. As far as I am aware there is copy protection in place on all, or at least most, original DVDs to prevent you doing this.

The only way would be to use a software package on your PC to "crack" the copy protection on the DVD, then burn it back to a writable DVD which you would then be able to copy to your recorder's HDD. This is, of course, illegal.

HTH. ;)

3. Monkey Alan

Monkey Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks for the reply :) . That sounds like alot of hassle. I just wish sony or someone still made a 200 disc changer. Anybody know of anything like that, that would do the job?