1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about HCPC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by HighlandeR, Dec 20, 2002.

1. HighlandeR

HighlandeR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I had a sigma X card or an AIW 9700 even, is it possible to output a media (mp3/divx/Xvid/SVCD etc) to the TV, yet have full control of using my PC/Monitor for other things such as surfing the internet?

Example. I want to keep my m8s/family quiet so play a Divx film and while its playing I can use my Pc as normal as in surf the net?

Im not sure but I dont think this technology is out yet or existant even!

If Pcs cant do this yet ill wait for the Liteon Divx/Mpeg 1,2,3,4 DVD player:)

2. feet14

feet14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Radeon 9xxx series allow you to use two desktops which you can assign to different display devices You could set the second desktop for TV-out and move the player window over to the second desktop. This shouldn't affect the display on your monitor because you're not using the tv-out to display the same thing as your monitor.

I've not tried this yet on my Radeon 9000 so I can't guarantee that it will work like that.

3. Threadkiller

Threadkiller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do exactly this using a matrox G450 dual head. My monitor is connected to the first o/p which lets me use the pc normally, whilst the second is set as a DVD/ digital image o/p. I surf whilst my kids watch dvd's or big screen Tv

4. HighlandeR

HighlandeR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm would need definate confirmation if this works on the 9XXX series of cards....

I need to do what threadkiller does but on a 9XXX ATI card.

Cheers regardless this is good news!

5. HighlandeR

HighlandeR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0