Question about gamecube with plasma tv

DarkPhantomLord

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

can someone please tell me how the graphics are one this plasma tv (th-42pv500) connected to a gamecube system with a component cable from nintendo? I get this plasma tv very soon and i'm very exited about it.

And I hope someone can tell me what the best settings are, to get the best picture quality.

I hope to hear from someone soon!

Thanks in advance!

Tim

You will be able to play games in progressive scan (480P) which i have heard is an improvement over the normal scart output. However 480p is only available on ntsc gamecubes (us and japanese gc) so you would have to buy a n import gc, or im not sure but maybe a copy of freeloader and an import game.

ps let me know how you get on, cos i bought a component cable for £7 when i was in japan so when i get my hi def screen i can perhaps view my gc in progressive scan!

I have a pal gc also so if anyone has any ideas out there i would be grateful for your reply…

You'll both find that you can play PAL games on a PAL cube using the component cable. The picture is fantastic on a Pany PW6 and is definitely better than scart (even thru high quality Scart->VGA convertor) - mostly the shading is smoother in games like windwalker and colours better defined.

I've also tried NTSC games thru freeloader and run in progressive scan. It doesn't seem to make as much as a difference as the component cable itself does over scart but is (I think) noticeable.

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom