Question about DVD-32R with DVI upgrade

M

midwinter2006

Does the DVI output on a upgraded DVD-32R support all DVI-standards?

Such as DVI-A, DVI-D single & dual link?

What output resolutions does it support?

Thunder

Novice Member
As far as Im aware it only outputs DVI-D and is part of the PSM upgrade. Because the Pantera M-PEG decoder only has an analogue bus it means there is an extra stage of D-A, A-D conversion going on. As far as resolution is concerned I think it only outputs 480p/576p.:thumbsup:

M

midwinter2006

Because the Pantera M-PEG decoder only has an analogue bus it means there is an extra stage of D-A, A-D conversion going on.

Ok, I'm looking for a serious upgrade instead of my Momitsu 880n DVD-player. It has the DVI-A output I need.

Is there any way to convert the output from the DVD-32R to a analog "pixel based VGA-signal"? I use a 24-inch TFT monitor for film with only a VGA (=DVI-A) input.

Why do I ask about the DVD-32R? Because its so good looking! :cool:

benzol

Novice Member
Ok, I'm looking for a serious upgrade instead of my Momitsu 880n DVD-player. It has the DVI-A output I need.

Is there any way to convert the output from the DVD-32R to a analog "pixel based VGA-signal"? I use a 24-inch TFT monitor for film with only a VGA (=DVI-A) input.

Why do I ask about the DVD-32R? Because its so good looking! :cool:

I think you don't need to bother with the DVI output.
You should be able to use direcly a cable from comopnent to VGA like this.

Cheers

Benzol

M

midwinter2006

You should be able to use direcly a cable from comopnent to VGA like this.

When I installed such a cable at a friends place with a Pioneer DV-668 and a TFT screen it coudn't sync to the signal given.

Anyone who have tried this with a DVD-32R? A Composite to VGA cable?

I have tried various cheep "scalers" that claims to convert a composite/S-video signal into a VGA signal. But all with very depressing results. Heavy color bleeding, blur and no sharpness at all.. :(

Miron

benzol thinks about the cable that carries component over vga connection. of course display has to be able to accept this, which is not always the case. most displays expect rgbhv on vga input/connector.

GrahamMG

DVDO used to do a small unit called an Iscan (before they got all cocky with full scalers) and that worked just fine with the component output from the DVD32R and connected to the screen via 15pin VGA, the output was NTSC or PAL progressive depending on what went in! Frankly it was the same SiL504chipset as the PSM192 module that TAG fitted but in a small external box. The DVI output from the DVD32R in my opinion was never as good as the straight interlaced component output which I still use today and process the signal off board to get digits. As always, the more messing about you do with a signal the worse it can look......;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom