Question about convergence

M

maumau2000

I've just bought a 42wh36 about a week ago.

For the most part I'm happy, but am having problems getting convergence right. So far I'm only using the user menu, and also I realise it is still in the bedding-in period. In about another week I will have a go at the service menu.

In the guides I see that it is recommended to let the TV warm up for 1-2 hours before attempting convergence. Does this mean that I can never expect my TV to be converged when I turn it on?

At the moment when I turn on it is way out in the top right hand corner (mainly the red has drifted) after half and hour or so it is usually better but still needs some tweaking.

I'm just wondering if even in a few weeks, and after I've done a service level convergence, will I always have to let the tv warm up for up to an hour before I watch a film just so the convergence is right??

Cheers.

Yes, probably. Convergence on 3-tube CRT projectors is always going to be affected by internal heat. If you wanted a perfect pitcure (no such thing actually exists, but you can get close) then CRT RP was probably not the right choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom